University assistant

from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In Germany, university assistant or assistant is a no longer official name for a research assistant of a professor who usually strives for a habilitation after completing his doctorate . The position goes back to the previous title of Scientific Assistant . Normally an assistant is only employed on a temporary basis, today usually as an employee ( TVL-13 ), but sometimes also as a temporary official (A 13). He usually takes on tasks in teaching, research and university self-administration.