Value theory or value theory stands for:
- Value theory , economic theories that deal with the formation of exchange value, see Value (economy)
- Objective value theory , today in particular labor value theory , pre-classical precursors: natural value theory ( William Petty , Richard Cantillon ),
- Subjective value theory , today namely the marginal utility school , preclassical precursors: scarcity theory ( John Law , John Locke ), utility theory ( Bernardo Davanzati (1529–1606), Nicholas Barbon , Ferdinando Galiani ),
- Value theory , philosophical theory of values, see axiology (Philosophy)
- Utility value theory , a subjective value theory about utility value.