AfterStep window manager
(June 10, 2013)
|operating system||all POSIX compatible ( Linux / BSD / Unix-like )|
|License||GPL ( Free Software )|
AfterStep is a window manager based on FVWM . It was designed to mimic the look and feel of the NeXTStep operating system by incorporating its useful features, including virtual screens and a docking feature called "the Wharf".
AfterStep and NeXTStep
- NeXTSTEP-like title bar, title buttons, frames and corners
- Wharf is a very well crafted version of GoodStuff's FVWM window manager
- Menu in NeXTSTEP design (windows are a kind of pop-up service on the main window)
- Icons in NeXTSTEP design (... are built into the program, which guarantees a constant NeXTSTEP appearance)
- The afterstep Open Source Project on Open Hub: Languages Page . In: Open Hub . (accessed on July 18, 2018).