Aviation Handling Services
|AHS Aviation Handling Services GmbH
|Seat||Hamburg , Germany|
|management||Stephanie Rohde, Amélie Charisius|
The AHS Aviation Handling Services GmbH is a service company for airlines and is based in Hamburg .
AHS Aviation Handling Services is an independent provider of services in the area of passenger handling & operations and serves more than 130 airlines at 14 German airports with its own stations or through affiliated companies. In total, the entire AHS Group employs almost 2,000 people across Germany.
AHS Aviation Handling Services GmbH (AHS) goes back to the German representative office of the Norwegian airline Braathens South American and Far East Air Transport A / S (Braathens SAFE) founded by Helmut Ness in 1951. Braathens SAFE was founded in 1946 by the Norwegian ship owner Ludvig G. Braathen with the intention of supplying his ships in other parts of the world and began operating charter flights to port cities in the Far East, the USA and South America with stopovers, etc. a. in Hamburg. Shortly after it was founded, the company initially expanded in northern Germany at the request of customers by setting up additional stations at Bremen and Hanover airports.
In 1990, the company was renamed AHS Aviation Handling Services GmbH. Helmut Ness, Hapag-Lloyd Flug and Lufthansa Airport and Ground Services (LAGS) each took over a third of the shares in the company. At the beginning of 2000, the previous shareholders sold their shares in AHS to the airport companies in Hamburg, Hanover and Bremen. Hamburg and Hanover airports each took over 40% and Bremen airport 20% of the shares. The stations in Hamburg, Hanover and Bremen have been transferred to separate companies with local airport participation.
In mid-2009, AHS took over the locations and activities of the subsidiaries of Swissport Deutschland GmbH at the Berlin-Tegel and Schönefeld airports, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt am Main, Hamburg, Hanover, Cologne and Munich. The new corporate unit initially operated under the name AHS GermanGround GmbH until it was fully integrated into the AHS Group in 2011.
AHS provides various ground services for airlines. The airlines do not have to use the complete package:
- Passenger Services: Handling of airline passengers
- Operations: Planning and calculating the loading of an aircraft
- Ramp Supervision: Supervision and supervision of the handling processes on the aircraft on the apron
- Baggage tracing: baggage search via World Tracer, care for unaccompanied children, service for damaged baggage
- IATA ticketing: sale of flight tickets and services at the counter
- VIP Service: Accompanying or supporting special guests
- AVIOVA Aviation + Innovation: IT solutions for the AHS group and external customers
Data source: AHS
|Checked passengers (outbound):||18.7 million||26.0 million||28.3 million||32.1 million||35.2 million|
|Checked flights (outbound):||164.231||229.070||246,388||274,648||297,556|
AHS Group locations
(As of January 2017)
- Hamburg Airport (AHS Hamburg Aviation Handling Services GmbH, Headquarters of AHS Aviation Handling Services GmbH)
- Bremen Airport (AHS Bremen Aviation Handling Services GmbH)
- Hannover Airport (AHS Hannover Aviation Handling Services GmbH)
- Düsseldorf Airport (AHS Düsseldorf Aviation Handling Services GmbH)
- Cologne / Bonn Airport (AHS Cologne Aviation Handling Services GmbH)
- Frankfurt am Main Airport (AHS Frankfurt GmbH & Co. KG, FPS Frankfurt Passenger Services GmbH)
- Stuttgart Airport (S. Stuttgart Ground Services GmbH)
- Munich Airport (AHS Munich Aviation Handling Services GmbH)
- Nuremberg Airport (AirPart GmbH)
- Dresden Airport (ASD Airport Services Dresden GmbH)
- Leipzig / Halle Airport (ASL Airport Services Leipzig GmbH)
- Berlin-Schönefeld Airport (AHS Berlin Aviation Handling Services GmbH)
- Berlin-Tegel Airport (AHS Berlin Aviation Handling Services GmbH)
The AHS Group serves more than 130 airlines at 13 German airports with its own branches or through affiliated companies, including Air France / KLM, Aeroflot, Air China, Air Malta, Condor, Delta Air Lines, EasyJet, Egyptair, Emirates, Etihad, Eurowings, Ryanair , Sun Express, Pegasus and Tuifly.