German-American Heritage Foundation of the USA
The German-American Heritage Foundation of the USA is dedicated to the history and culture of Americans of German descent in the United States of America . It is based in Washington . In 2006 it emerged from the United German-American Committee (the United German-American Committee ), which was founded in 1977.
The aim of the 1977 by Dr. The organization founded by Hans R. Haug is to bring the history of the German-speaking communities in the USA and the cultural tradition of emigrants into national interest. The "German-American Heritage Center" wants to encourage all Americans of German descent - according to the organization itself, 60 million people - to track down their European roots. The center wants to document the entire diversity of German-American history and its achievements, art and culture and should be a forum for open discussions.
According to its own information, the organization has 18,000 members worldwide, almost all of whom are recruited from the USA.
- Strengthening the awareness of the German roots.
- Support of efforts for cooperation between German-Americans and their organizations.
- Active promotion of the German language and German culture.
- Promote relations between the United States and Germany.
- Willkommen on www.gahmusa.org (English; accessed June 25, 2013)
- almost 18,000 members throught the United States How We Promote and Preserve Our Cultural Heritage at www.gahfusa.org (accessed March 30, 2008)