- addressing several people with "her" instead of "you", see Duzen
- in southern Germany the form of address as an intermediate step between Duzen and Siezen (even if only one person is in the room)
- In certain languages the address of a person with "Ihr" instead of "Sie", in German outdated, see Siezen
- the formerly common form of addressing a high person in German with "Ihr", see Pluralis Majestatis
- the addressing of older people with "Ihr", which was previously used in rural regions (in some places still today); Rule: The person to be addressed could have been father or mother according to age.