The Lempel-Ziv-Stac (LZS) algorithm is a lossless compression algorithm developed by Stac Electronics . LZS is used to compress packet-oriented, electronic communication. LZS is patented and is based heavily on the Lempel-Ziv-Storer-Szymanski algorithm (LZSS).
LZS is used with various network protocols :
- RFC 1967 - PPP LZS-DCP Compression Protocol (LZS-DCP)
- RFC 1974 - PPP Stac LZS Compression Protocol
- RFC 2395 - IP Payload Compression Using LZS
- RFC 3943 - Transport Layer Security (TLS) Protocol Compression Using Lempel-Ziv-Stac (LZS)
- Julie K. Petersen: The Telecommunication Illustrated Dictionary. 2nd ed., P. 573