Matthias Michael Beckmann
The Nuremberg-born cellist received his first music lessons from Claus Reichardt at the age of eight. At the age of 10 he studied at the Meistersinger Conservatory in Nuremberg. He finished his studies at the Hochschule für Musik in Munich with Walter Nothas with the master class diploma "with distinction". He received special artistic impulses in master classes from André Navarra, William Pleeth, Milos Sadlo and artists such as Irina Grafenauer and Hannelore Leiffolz (Mozarteum Salzburg).
From 1995 to 2005 Matthias Michael Beckmann was a cellist in the Salzburg Mozarteum Orchestra , most recently under Ivor Bolton. In addition, he worked a. a. with the Bavarian Radio Symphony Orchestra, the Bavarian State Orchestra and the Nuremberg State Theater.
Matthias Michael Beckmann is a founding member of the Mozart Quartet Salzburg, with whom he has given international concerts since 1996. In Salzburg he directed the Mozart-Haydn cycle 2000–2006 with the highly acclaimed complete performance of the 23 Mozart string quartets "MOZART 23" in the Mozart year 2006. CD recordings with Mozartiana Classics document this musical career.
As a soloist, the cellist appears in particular with works by Vivaldi, Haydn, Boccherini, Beethoven, Dvořák, Gulda and, since 2007, with world premieres for 5-string cello. The cellist was also shaped by the collaboration with artists such as Irena Grafenauer, Margit-Anna Süss, Julia Arsentjeva, Ariane Haering, Benjamin Schmid, Pepe Romero, Radovan Vlatkovic, Michael Martin Kofler, Milan Turkovic and Sergio Azzolini.
Beckmann makes music on a 5-string violoncello - with an additional treble E-string - with a sound spectrum of five octaves. His cello was redesigned in 2007 by master violin maker Roger Graham Hargrave and its sound is unmistakably an independent instrument. Since 2014 he has owned another such instrument from the workshop of master violin maker Bertrand Bellin. Matthias Michael Beckmann is the first musician to perform the entire cello literature from Bach to Gulda on a 5-string cello and is considered the pioneer on the 5-string cello.
Beckmann is also the editor of Leopold Mozart's new “Thorough Violin School”. The so far unavailable last authorized version of Leopold Mozart was published in German in 2007 and in English in 2008. Nikolaus Harnoncourt wrote the foreword to the violin school, which is published in modern script and notation.
- 2001 The Early Mozart (Mozart Quartet Salzburg & Michael Martin Kofler, flute)
- 2003 Mozart's flute quartets (Mozart Quartet Salzburg & Michael Martin Kofler, flute)
- 2004 WAMozart - Time for yourself (Mozart Quartet Salzburg)
- 2005 Eine Kleine Nachtmusik & Divertimento KV 205 (Mozart Quartet Salzburg, Radovan Vlatkovic & Markus Hauser, natural horn)
- 2006 WAMozart - Salzburg Divertimenti (Mozart Quartet Salzburg, Radovan Vlatkovic & Markus Hauser, natural horn)
- 2006 Mozart Hommage 250 th (Mozart Quartet Salzburg, Radovan Vlatkovic, natural horn)
- 2007 Ave Maria (Matthias Michael Beckmann, 5-string cello & Sabine Kraus, harp)
- 2010 JSBach - 6 solo suites (Matthias Michael Beckmann, 5-string cello)
- 2010 JSBach - viol sonatas (Matthias Michael Beckmann, 5-string cello Michael Walter, piano Clarissa Bürgschwendtner, bass)
- 2010 Musical impressions (JPDuport Op. 4/6 first recording etc.)
- 2012 Music & Poetry Vol.1 (Matthias Michael Beckmann, 5-string cello Margit-Anna Süss, harp Peter Daniell Porsche, poetry)
- 2013 Music & Poetry Vol.2 (Matthias Michael Beckmann, 5-string cello Margit-Anna Süss, harp Peter Daniell Porsche, poetry)
- 2014 Music & Poetry Vol.3 (Julia Arsentjeva, soprano Matthias Michael Beckmann, 5-string cello Margit-Anna Süss, harp Peter Daniell Porsche, poetry)
- 2015 Music & Poetry Vol.4 (Julia Arsentjeva, soprano Matthias Michael Beckmann, 5-string cello Margit-Anna Süss, harp Peter Daniell Porsche, poetry)
- 2016 Romance Lyrique (Matthias Michael Beckmann, 5-string cello Margit-Anna Süss, harp)
- Homepage Mathias Michael Beckmann
- Mozart Quartet Salzburg - Discography ( Memento from June 7, 2009 in the Internet Archive )
- DrehPunktKultur 29/04/10 From Heidemarie Klabacher
- Leopold Mozart violin school at Kulturverlag Polzer
- Books & Guides - Books Mozart. Mozart House
|SURNAME||Beckmann, Matthias Michael|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German cellist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 1, 1966|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Nuremberg|