The muscle physiology is engaged in the operation and care of the muscle . She examines z. B. the sequence of contraction processes . This requires more detailed knowledge of histology .
Different sub-topics of muscle physiology are:
- Neuromuscular transmission of excitation
- Electromechanical coupling and contraction
- Regulation of muscle contraction
- Muscle mechanics
- Muscle energetics
- C. Hick and A. Hick: Short textbook Physiology. Munich, Jena 2002.
- RF Schmidt, G. Thews and F. Lang: Physiology of humans. Berlin, Heidelberg, New York 2000.
- G. Thews, E. Mutschler, P. Vaupel: Anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology of humans. Stuttgart 1999.
- Thomas Braun et al .: Short textbook Physiology. 1st edition. Elsevier, Urban and Fischer, Munich 2006.