Ox and Junior
The Ochs and Junior AG (proper spelling: ox and junior AG ) is a watch manufacturer in Switzerland La Chaux-de-Fonds , the mechanical watches made. The company was founded in 2006 by Beat Weinmann and the scholar and watch designer Ludwig Oechslin , and watch manufacturer Ulysse Nardin has been a partner since 2012 .
Collection and differentiators
The focus of the collection consists of astronomical complications (moon and sun representations) and calendar displays, etc. a. Perpetual calendar and year calendar. In contrast to the classic watch industry, the main focus here is not on the most complicated, but rather on particularly simple solutions.
With an accuracy of 3478.27 years (after this period, the display theoretically deviates by one day from reality), Ochs und Junior's moon phase display is one of the most accurate in the world in a wristwatch. This is realized via an epicyclic gearbox with only five components including a dial. The basis is provided by purchased ( ETA or Ulysse-Nardin ) basic works on which specially developed modules are placed. All other components such as B. Cases or straps are also designed by yourself.
Research, development and construction are carried out by Ochs und Junior, the production of the parts (gears, cases, crown, bands, dial, etc.) is carried out by highly specialized sub-suppliers who are made completely transparent. The clocks are assembled by our own watchmakers in the workshop in La Chaux-de-Fonds, which also serves as a sales room.
The design of the watches strictly follows the function, for example the dials are part of the movement construction. Post-processing such as polishing the case is dispensed with due to this design philosophy and the particularly precise production.
Each watch can be individually designed by the customer using a configurator on the homepage.
No lettering or logo is used. The only exception is an embossing of the lettering on the inside of the leather straps.
Company size and sales channels
With currently around 130 watches per year (as of December 2018), Ochs und Junior is a niche manufacturer. In March 2020, the company moved its headquarters from Lucerne to La Chaux-de-Fonds and appointed Marc Bernhardt as the new managing director. The products are sold exclusively through the company's headquarters in La Chaux-de-Fonds - on site or via the Internet.
Depending on the model and configuration, the sales prices range between CHF 6,000 and approx. CHF 22,000, with special requests even higher. This puts the watches from Ochs und Junior in the upper price range of the market segment for luxury watches.
- Ochs und Junior AG website
- Radically simple luxury watches. In: Manager Magazin
- Aesthetics. In: Hodinkee
- Debate welcome. In: Neue Zürcher Zeitung
- When the father with the son ... In: Neue Zürcher Zeitung
- Watches that follow the stars. In: The New York Times
- ↑ FH - Ulysse Nardin - Commitment In Ochs Und Junior. Retrieved October 8, 2018 .
- ^ Ochs und junior: the watch you want - FHH Journal . ( hautehorlogerie.org [accessed October 8, 2018]).
- ↑ VIDEO: Ochs Und Junior's Ludwig Oechslin Explains How He Engineered The Simplest Perpetual Calendar On Earth . In: HODINKEE . ( hodinkee.com [accessed October 8, 2018]).
- ↑ The 8 Most Accurate Moon Phase Wristwatches (Archive) | Quill & Pad . In: Quill & Pad . January 13, 2018 ( quillandpad.com [accessed October 8, 2018]).
- ↑ Epicyclic gear. Retrieved October 8, 2018 .
- ↑ Partners - About - ochs und junior . In: ochs und junior . ( ochsundjunior.swiss [accessed on October 8, 2018]).
- ↑ Editorial: Ochs Und Junior And The Aesthetics Of Anti-Aesthetics . In: HODINKEE . ( hodinkee.com [accessed October 8, 2018]).
- ↑ Bloomberg - Are you a robot? Retrieved October 8, 2018 .
- ↑ Introducing: Ochs und Junior's Updated Customizer Tool, With The Perpetual Calendar And Mobile Optimization . In: HODINKEE . ( hodinkee.com [accessed October 8, 2018]).
- ↑ About - ochs und junior . In: ochs und junior . ( ochsundjunior.swiss [accessed on December 1, 2018]).
- ↑ News. In: ochs und junior. Retrieved on May 3, 2020 (German).