Organ of San Vicente (San Sebastián)
|Organ of San Vicente (San Sebastián)|
|place||San Vicente (San Sebastian)|
|Organ builder||Aristide Cavaillé-Coll|
|Last renovation / restoration||2000 by Renaud-Ménoret|
|Number of manuals||3|
|Number of 32 'registers||-|
The organ was built in 1868 as a two-manual instrument (main unit with 12 and swell unit with 8 registers ) with a total of 24 registers at right angles to the gallery. Eugène Puget added a swellable positive with 9 registers in 1890; He added two pedal towers to the prospectus and moved the instrument to the rear wall of the gallery, and he also built a new console. In 1893 the organ was consecrated with Alexandre Guilmant .
In 1903 Charles Mutin , who had meanwhile taken over the Cavaillé-Colls workshop, reworked the organ; In particular, the intonation of the new positive "in the aesthetics of the house of Cavaillé-Coll" was changed. A plaque from the 1930s testifies to a restoration thirty years later:
«El Fundador y culto director de la Schola Cantorum Dr. Juan Muoña, generoso bienhechor de esta Parroquía, costeó la restauracinó de este organo.
El afamado D. Fernando Prince lo realizó. June 1931. »
“The founder and spiritual director of the Schola Cantorum Dr. Juan Mouña, a generous benefactor of this parish, paid for the restoration of this organ. The famous Mr. Ferdinand Prince carried out this work. June 1931. "
In 1963, during a restoration by José M. Galdós, Alejandro Usabiaga and Ignacio Caucal from Hernani, the mixture of the main work was changed. In 1980, Usabiaga also carried out repairs. In 2000 the organ was finally fully restored. The aim of the work of Renaud-Ménoret from Nantes was to restore the state of 1903, extended by an acoustic 32 'register in the pedal.
Disposition since 2000
- Coupling : I / P; II / P; III / P; II / I; III / I; III / II. Octavas graves II / I; III / I.
- Playing aids : Llamadas de Lengüetería: General, I, II, III, P.
- CC = Aristide Cavaillé-Coll 1868
- P = Eugène Puget, 1890
- M = Mutin-Cavaillé-Coll 1903
- RM = Renaud-Ménoret 2000
- Christopher Frommen: Supplement to 'Charles Tournemire - Suite de morceaux pour orgue', AE-10291 . Aeolus, Korschenbroich 2004.
Recordings / sound carriers
- Charles Tournemire - "Suite de morceaux pour orgue". Korschenbroich 2004, Aeolus AE 10291, CD ( Michelle Leclerc ).
- Luís Urteaga - Organ Works. Korschenbroich 2006, Aeolus AE 10581, CD (Esteban Elizondo Iriarte).
- Translation: Christopher Frommen: Supplement to 'Charles Tournemire - Suite de morceaux pour orgue', AE-10291 . Aeolus, Korschenbroich 2004.