The Foundation business is in the Federal Republic of Germany in addition to the recognition by the competent foundation authority prerequisite for the establishment of a legally responsible foundation of civil law .
The foundation business is a written, binding declaration of intent by the founder, in which he dedicates assets to a foundation purpose specified in the foundation's statutes . If, for example, the foundation business comes about through a will after the death of the founder, the legal capacity is established by the foundation authority in the sense and according to the will of the founder in the event of insufficient or incomplete requirements.
A revocation of a foundation business, by the donor at the time of recognition done by the Foundation. To ensure that the will of a deceased founder is satisfied, his heirs are not allowed to withdraw from the application for recognition.
- BGB § 80 (1) , creation of a legally competent foundation
- BGB § 81 (1) , foundation business
- BGB § 81 (1) , Foundation due to death
- BGB § 81 (2) , foundation business
- Sample of a foundation transaction for the establishment of a legal foundation during the lifetime of the founder at the Federal Association of German Foundations (PDF file; 22 kB)
- Sample of a foundation transaction for the establishment of a legal foundation of death at the Federal Association of German Foundations (PDF file; 22 kB)