Process and substance-specific criteria
The process and substance-specific criteria (VSK) are a fixed term in the German Ordinance on Hazardous Substances .
The VSK is intended to define specific measures and conditions for defined activities with certain substances, under which acceptable health protection for the employees concerned can be assumed. This means that complex measurements and analyzes can be dispensed with.
The VSK are laid down in the Technical Rules for Hazardous Substances (TRGS) 420.
If the relevant data is available, new process and substance-specific criteria (VSK) can be requested from the Committee for Hazardous Substances (AGS). After the decision has been made, they are published by the BMAS in the Joint Ministerial Gazette (GMBl). Only these VSKs published in the GMBl and compiled in the appendix to TRGS 420 are characterized by the presumption of conformity of the Hazardous Substances Ordinance. VSK should help the entrepreneur to meet his obligations under the Ordinance on Hazardous Substances with regard to the monitoring of occupational exposure limits.
Twelve VSK have been published in the appendix to TRGS 420 for permanent safe compliance:
- "Use of Low Temperature Steam Formaldehyde (NDTF) Processes for Sterilization in Healthcare"
- "Optician trade"
- "Activities involving hazardous substances and biological agents in the recycling of textile waste"
- "Handling solvents in the screen printing process (LV24)"
- "Soft soldering with the soldering iron on electrical and electronic assemblies or their individual components (iron soldering)"
- "Plastic recycling - activities with hazardous substances and biological agents in the material recycling of plastics"
- "Employee exposure to solvents in industrial metal cleaning"
- "Paper recycling - activities involving hazardous substances and biological agents in the processing of paper waste"
- "Motor vehicle recycling - activities involving hazardous substances when recycling motor vehicles"
- "Application of the stripping process for the removal of lead-containing coatings on wood and the preparation for the subsequent new coating as part of renovation measures on construction sites"
- "Filling canisters, drums and IBCs with organic liquids"
- "Tetrachlorethylene (PER) - exposure of employees during activities in dry cleaning"
The VSK "Soft soldering with the soldering iron on electrical and electronic assemblies or their individual components (piston soldering)" is at the same time a recommendation for risk assessment by the accident insurance carriers (EGU).
The regulations or recommendations of the LASI / ALMA developed earlier and also partly referred to as VSK and the earlier BG / BGIA recommendations are not VSK in the current sense, that is, no presumption can be made of these regulations and recommendations!
- TRGS 420, download from the Federal Institute for Occupational Safety and Health BAuA ( PDF ( Memento from December 28, 2016 in the Internet Archive ))
- DGUV publications. Retrieved March 7, 2017 .
- Recommendations for risk assessment by the accident insurance institutions (EGU). Retrieved March 7, 2017 .