Becherer is a German family name .
Origin and meaning
Becherer is derived from a job title. Possible interpretations are cup makers (manufacturers of wooden cups, turner ) or pitch collectors, pitch burners.
- Alfred Becherer (1897–1977), Swiss botanist
- Antonia Becherer (* 1963), German ice dancer
- Ferdinand Becherer (* 1963), German ice dancer
- Friedrich Becherer (1747–1823), German builder, architect and engineer
- Gerhard Becherer (1915–2003), German experimental physicist
- Karl Becherer (* 1926), Austrian mineralogist
- Theodor von Becherer (1823-1883), German administrative officer