The accounting is the organizational unit of a company that deals with the accounting involved. The more comprehensive term accounting is also often used. The terms bookkeeping and bookkeeping are often used synonymously as an activity. In business administration , the term bookkeeping only describes the methodology or activity. People entrusted with bookkeeping are called accountants .
Depending on the size and type of organization, it can make sense to subdivide accounting into sub-areas.
- The Financial Accounting booked transactions that the accounting and income statement are necessary.
- The accounts receivable department processes the receivables from customers .
- The Accounts Payable processes the liabilities to suppliers .
- The Asset Accounting manages assets of fixed assets .
- The payroll department handles the payroll accounting .
- The cost and performance accounting assigns which costs the individual parts of the company and / or the projects cause.
- The warehouse or quantity accounting is responsible for posting business transactions in materials management.
- The energy accounting is in the municipal facility management applied.
Scripts and teaching material