Catalogus Professorum Rostochiensium
The Catalogus Professorum Rostochiensium (CPR) is a freely accessible lexicon on the Internet that is intended to cover all professors at the University of Rostock .
The professor's lexicon is compiled and edited by the University History Research Center together with the University Library and the Archive of the University of Rostock. The aim is to document all professors at the University of Rostock with life and impact data in the catalog .
The homepage of the professors' catalog provides information on the current processing status:
- “There are currently over 2,300 entries in the CPR, over 1,700 of them with a detailed biography. It includes all professors and university lecturers from 1563 to 2018. There are only a few entries for the period 1419–1563. "
All catalog entries include the period, the subject area and the institutional assignment of the professorship. In addition, there are (as far as possible) information on the biography, the academic profile and the activities at the Rostock University. Attached are pictures, résumés, lists of publications and other source documents on the person. The entries are linked to other digital resources such as the common authority file , the Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania state bibliography and the Rostock matriculation portal .
The content of the database was printed out in a few copies as of November 27, 2018 as the "Catalog of Rostock Professors" and the print version was bound in 10 volumes, which have been incorporated into the reference holdings in selected academic libraries in northern and central Germany.
- Karsten Labahn, Matthias Glasow, Robert Stephan: Catalogus Professorum Rostochiensium. A biographical information system on professors from Rostock. In: Hans-Uwe Lammel, Gisela Boeck (eds.): How do you write Rostock university history? Conference on January 31, 2010 in Rostock (= Rostock Studies on University History. 18). University of Rostock - University Archive, Rostock 2011, ISBN 978-3-86009-124-1 , pp. 93–96, ( full text ).
- Robert Stephan, Karsten Labahn, Matthias Glasow: Networking biographical online resources - Catalogus Professorum Rostochiensium and Rostocker matriculation portal. In: Bernhard Mittermaier (Ed.): Networked knowledge - data, people, systems. 6th Conference of the Central Library, Forschungszentrum Jülich, 5. – 7. November 2012 (= publications of Forschungszentrum Jülich. Library series. Vol. 21). Proceedings volume. Forschungszentrum Jülich, Jülich 2012, ISBN 978-3-89336-821-1 , pp. 259–270, ( full text ).
- Matthias Glasow, Karsten Labahn: The Catalogus Professorum Rostochiensium. A biographical information system. In: Yearbook for University History . Vol. 16, 2013, pp. 201-213.
- Literature on Catalogus Professorum Rostochiensium in the Landesbibliographie MV
- Website of the Catalogus Professorum Rostochiensium (CPR)
- Catalogus Professorum Rostochiensium (CPR), homepage (as of February 18, 2020)
- Title reference in the Common Union Catalog (GVK)