|Seat||London , UK|
|management||Charles Nasser (CEO)|
|Number of employees||over 2,200 (2019)|
|sales||€ 425 million|
|Branch||Managed Service Provider|
The Claranet Group Ltd. is an independent European company and acts as a managed service provider for hosting and network solutions for medium-sized and large companies. The Claranet Group operates a total of 43 data centers and employs over 2200 people in nine countries.
Claranet UK was founded in 1996 by Charles Nasser in Great Britain as the first company in the group. Other locations followed in France, Germany, the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Italy and Brazil.
Targeted acquisitions, especially in the hosting area, were a major factor in Claranet's steady growth.
- 1996: Claranet is founded by Charles Nasser in the UK.
- 1998: Claranet France founded in Paris
- 2000: Establishment of Claranet Germany in Frankfurt am Main and establishment of Claranet Spain
- 2002: The acquisition of Netscalibur Germany strengthens Claranet's presence in Germany with additional locations in Berlin and Munich.
- 2003: Takeover of Netscalibur UK
- 2004: Acquisition of VIA NET.WORKS UK
- 2005: Takeover of the Amen Group and the Via net.works business units in the Netherlands, Portugal and the USA
- 2005: Acquisition of the French managed hosting provider Artful
- 2008: Acquisition of the Portuguese managed service provider Crashless
- 2012: Takeover of the Portuguese provider CGEST, the British provider Star Technology Services and the French hosting company Typhon
- 2014: Acquisition of the Portuguese managed hosting and applications provider Echiron, the French hosting provider Grita, the Dutch cloud service provider NovaData and the Spanish cloud provider Celingest
- 2015: Acquisition of the Portuguese web hosting company Visual Fusion and MSP Inok Consulting, the two British companies Linux IT and Techgate and the hosting provider Morea, Runiso and Aspaway in France
- 2016: Acquisition of the AWS specialist Bashton and the IT service provider Ardenta in UK, the French managed service provider Diademys and the cloud service provider CredibiliT in Brazil
- 2017: Establishment of Claranet Italy in Milan, acquisition of the Dutch IT service provider Rely, the security solution provider Sec-1 in the UK, the French cloud service provider Oxalide and the Portuguese IT service provider ITEN Solutions
- 2018: Takeover of the IT infrastructure and cloud specialist Union Solutions and the ethical hacking training and penetration testing specialist NotSoSecure in the UK, the Italian DevOps and cloud specialist XPeppers and the Dutch IT service provider Quinfox
|Seat||Frankfurt am Main , Germany|
|Branch||Managed Service Provider|
The Claranet GmbH in Germany is an association founded in 2000, managed service providers and is part of the Claranet Group Ltd. The company's headquarters are in Frankfurt am Main. Claranet looks after customers on the German market such as Aktion Mensch , Gruner + Jahr, Crytek , Škoda and Leica .
Claranet supports companies in their digitization with hosting, cloud and network services.
The company offers managed cloud services based on its own dual data center platform as well as on public cloud environments such as AWS, Google and Azure.
Claranet is certified according to ISO 27001: 2013 , supplemented by the test according to ISO standard 27018 for data protection in the cloud. In addition, Claranet's business continuity management is successfully certified in accordance with ISO standard 22301. Furthermore, Claranet received certification for the successful implementation of the quality management standard ISO / IEC 9001: 2015.
Claranet was featured in Gartner's Magic Quadrant 2019 for “Data Center Outsourcing and Hybrid Infrastructure Managed Services, Europe” for the second year running. This follows on from being positioned as a Leader in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Managed Hybrid Cloud Hosting in Europe for five consecutive years from 2013 to 2017.