German Association for Poznan and Pomeranian
Erik von Witzleben (1934–1935)
Hans Joachim Kohnert (1935–1940)
|founding||September 8, 1934|
|resolution||January 21, 1940|
|Youth organization||German Association for Youth Care|
|newspaper||German Rundschau in Poland|
|Number of members||57,000 (1937)|
The German Association for Poznan and Pomeranian (DV) with its seat in Bromberg was an organization of the German minority in Poland.
In 1934 the association was founded by the Reich German national politicians who had joined together in the Volksdeutscher Rat since 1933 . Hans Joachim Kohnert , later SS-Oberführer and holder of the Knight's Cross of the War Merit Cross, was particularly effective .
The German Association was dissolved in January 1940 with a "solemn closing roll call" in Bromberg.
- The fight for Germany continues. The final roll call of the "German Association" in Bromberg. In: Lodscher Zeitung , January 24, 1940, page 6.
- Richard Breyer : The German population in Poland 1933 to 1939 , in: Germany and Poland from the National Socialist seizure of power to the end of the Second World War . Braunschweig 1986, pp. 71–81 [Series of publications by the Georg Eckert Institute for International Textbook Research, ed. v. Ernst Hinrichs, Vol. 22 / IX].
- Manfred Raether: Poland's German Past , Schöneck 2004, ISBN 3-00-012451-9 (new edition as an e-book)
- Joachim Rogall: The Germans in the Posener Land and in Central Poland , Munich 1993.
- Thomas Urban : Germans in Poland . Past and present of a minority, Munich 1993.