Thick film passivation
This is a chromium (VI) -free coating, especially in the automotive industry. It is used there because, in accordance with legal provisions ( EU end-of-life vehicle directive ), coatings containing chromium (VI) may no longer be used since July 1, 2007. The chromium (VI) concentration in yellow chromated surfaces according to EN ISO 3613 is usually approx. 50 mg / m² chromium (VI).
Thick-film passivation is characterized by a high level of corrosion resistance, which can be further increased by re-sealing.
- Hansgeorg Hofmann, Jürgen Spindler: Process in coating and surface technology. 3rd revised edition, Carl Hanser Verlag, Munich 2015, ISBN 978-3-446-44183-5 .
- CHROME-FREE PASSIVATION AND THICK-FILM PASSIVATION (accessed January 28, 2019)
- Thick film passivation (accessed January 28, 2019)
- Data sheet Cr (VI) -free zinc coatings (accessed on January 28, 2019)
- Surface protection (accessed on January 28, 2019)