|developer||CadSoft Computer GmbH|
|operating system||Linux , OS X , Windows|
EAGLE is an EDA program from CadSoft for creating printed circuit boards . The name is an initial word , formed from E mple A nzuwendender G rafischer L ayout- E Ditor (engl .: E asily A pplicable G raphical L ayout E Ditor). EAGLE and CadSoft were sold to Premier Farnell , an electronic components supplier , in September 2009 . In June 2016, EAGLE was then sold to the US company Autodesk .
From version 8, EAGLE is only available as a subscription model. There is no longer a standalone version. You must also be connected to the Internet every 30 days to confirm licensing.
As of 2017, Eagle is sold with the following time-limited licenses:
|version||Circuit diagrams per project||Number of layers||PCB size||commercial / non-commercial||costs per month||costs per year|
|Premium||999||16||4 m²||any||65 USD||520 USD|
|Student and educator||999||16||4 m²||only for teaching||free||free|
|Standard (not for new customers)||99||4th||160 cm²||any||15 USD||100 USD|
|Free||2||2||80 cm²||individuals only and non-commercial only||free||free|
Until 2017, Eagle was sold as an unlimited product in versions with different properties:
[mm × mm]
|default||2||2||100 × 80||commercial use|
|Premium||99||6th||160 × 100||commercial use|
|Ultimate||999||16||4000 × 4000||commercial use|
|Premium LS||99||6th||160 × 100||commercial use, schematic + layout editor only|
|Ultimate LS||999||16||4000 × 4000||commercial use, schematic + layout editor only|
|Maker||99||6th||160 × 100||non-commercial use|
|Educational||99||6th||160 × 100||non-commercial use, for universities and students (proof required)|
|express||2||2||100 × 80||free version for non-commercial use|
Multi-user licenses were only available for EAGLE-Premium and EAGLE-Ultimate .
Set January 2020, EAGLE is only available in a package with Fusion 360.
In 1992, CadSoft sent thousands of floppy disks with a demo version of the Eagle software. In addition to the demo version, this disk contained a spy program that was supposed to discover copies made under copyright law. If they were supposedly discovered, the users were encouraged to reveal their address by means of a supposed order form for a free manual. Thereupon this mail received from attorneys of the CadSoft with the accusation of using pirated copies.
- Mitchell Duncan: Eagle V6: Getting Started Guide - Learning to fly with EAGLE , 1st edition, Elektor-Verlag GmbH , 2013, ISBN 978-190792020-2 .
- Matthew Scarpino: Designing Circuit Boards with EAGLE - Make High-Quality PCBs at Low Cost , 1st Edition, Prentice Hall , April 1, 2014, ISBN 978-013381999-1 .
- Simon Monk: Make Your Own PCBs with EAGLE: From Schematic Designs to Finished Boards , 1st Edition, McGraw-Hill Education / TAB Electronics, June 12, 2014. ISBN 978-007181925-1
- André Kethler, Marc Neujahr: printed circuit board design with EAGLE 7 ( German ), 1st edition, mitp Verlags GmbH & Co. KG , August 26, 2015, ISBN 978-3-95845-225-1 . ISBN 3-95845-225-6
- Michael Schramm: Design and manufacture of printed circuits for professional and private use ( German ). Elektor-Verlag GmbH , Aachen, Germany 1993, ISBN 3-928051-27-X .
- Cadsoft online ( Memento of the original from July 14, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. Retrieved June 7, 2014
- Welcome to a new era , accessed June 12, 2017.
- Buy Autodesk EAGLE . Autodesk . Retrieved February 17, 2017.
- Eagle education or student version . Autodesk . Retrieved February 17, 2017.
- Trojan horse DER SPIEGEL 36/1992.