Risk of explosion
The risk of explosion in the fields of describing technology , the physics and the chemistry the possibility of emergence of a blast . This is subject to the condition that both an explosive atmosphere and a potential ignition source are present at the same time . The risk must be assessed in a risk assessment in which all parameters, such as the composition of the potentially explosive atmosphere and the exact nature of the ignition source, are assessed. The explosion also occurs as an unwanted effect of a planned substance conversion ( chemical reaction ). The pressure wave to be expected here determines the danger area , which is marked, for example, in technical systems by a yellow and black warning sign. The explosion protection measures are intended to prevent explosions or at least reduce their consequences to a level that does not allow damage to occur.
- Roy Bergdoll, Sebastian Breitenbach: Die Roten Hefte, Issue 1 - Burning and Extinguishing . 18th edition. Kohlhammer, Stuttgart 2019, ISBN 978-3-17-026968-2 .
- K. Ridder U. Sabath: Basic course for dangerous goods drivers. Training according to ADR 2015, publishing group Hüthing Jehle Rehm, Landsberg Lech 2014, ISBN 978-3-609-68807-7 .
- Andreas Strauch: symbols of work safety. The safety marks, 1st edition, Norderstedt 2013, ISBN 978-3-7322-8163-3 .
- EMKG guidelines module fire and explosion (accessed on February 14, 2020)
- Basics of explosion protection (accessed on February 14, 2020)
- Fire and explosion protection (accessed on February 20, 2020)
- Explosion protection rules (accessed on February 20, 2020)
- Fire and explosion protection (BEXS) in practice (accessed on February 20, 2020)