|IPv6 transition mechanisms|
|4in6||Tunneling from IPv4 to IPv6|
|6in4||Tunneling from IPv6 to IPv4|
|6over4||Transport of IPv6 data packets between dual-stack nodes over an IPv4 network|
|6to4||Transport of IPv6 data packets over an IPv4 network (obsolete)|
|AYIYA||Anything In Anything|
|Dual stack||Network nodes with IPv4 and IPv6 in parallel operation|
|Dual-Stack Lite (DS-Lite)||Like dual stack, but with global IPv6 and carrier NAT IPv4|
|6rd||IPv6 rapid deployment|
|ISATAP||Intra-Site Automatic Tunnel Addressing Protocol (deprecated)|
|Teredo||Encapsulation of IPv6 packets in IPv4 UDP -Datenpaketen|
|NAT64||Translation of IPv4 addresses into IPv6 addresses|
|464XLAT||Translation from IPv4 to IPv6 to IPv4 addresses|
|SIIT||Stateless IP / ICMP translation|
ISATAP (Intra-Site Automatic Tunnel Addressing Protocol) is an IPv6 transition mechanism for the transmission of IPv6 data packets between dual-stack nodes connected via an IPv4 network. With this variant of the 6to4 mechanism developed by Cisco and Microsoft , an automatic tunnel is set up, whereby the IPv4 network is used as a link layer from the perspective of IPv6 (security layer in the OSI model ).
The IPv6 address is formed from the local IPv4 address.
The mechanism was standardized in RFC 5214 .
With ISATAP, the IPv4 address is contained in the interface ID of the IPv6 address. For this purpose, a / 128 address from the normal unicast address range of the own provider is assigned for each IPv4 host.
The following algorithm is used to generate the address :
From the IPv4 address:
derives from the given prefix:
the following ISATAP address:
Implementation of ISATAP
ISATAP is implemented in Microsoft Windows XP , Windows Vista , Windows 7 , Windows 8 , Windows 10 , Windows Server 2008 , Windows Server 2012 , Windows Mobile , Linux and in some versions of Cisco IOS . Under Linux, the userspace program isatapd is also required.
- RFC 5214 , Intra-Site Automatic Tunnel Addressing Protocol (ISATAP)
- Allocation of IPv6 address space Overview (English)
- IPv6 ISATAP Configuration Example with a Cisco router as a client (English)
- Userspace program isatapd ISATAP client for Linux
- ↑ RFC5214, Intra-Site Automatic Tunnel Addressing Protocol (ISATAP) , Section 1
- ↑ Microsoft: IPv6 Transition Technologies, page 12 ff
- ↑ Silvia Hagen: IPv6. Basics - functionality - integration . Sunny Edition, Maur 2009. ISBN 978-3-9522942-2-2 , p. 388.
- ↑ Removed features since Update 1703 ( Windows 10 and Windows Server ) (English)