International Mr. Leather
The international event grew out of the "Mr. Gold Coast" election, which was originally held in the Gold Coast gay nightclub in the 1970s . The name of the event was changed at the same time as the change to a venue that could accommodate more visitors.
Over 50 candidates from the leather scene from Europe, the United States, Australia and Canada take part in the election each year. German participants have been taking part regularly since 1998. For example, the German Mr. Leather , chosen at a fetish meeting in Berlin, and, since 2001, the Bavarian Mr. Leather, chosen by the Munich Löwen Club . The elections for Mr. Leather Europe usually take place at the annual meeting of the European Confederation of Motor-Cycle Clubs , at which the umbrella organization of the German-speaking leather and fetish clubs, the leather and fetish community (LFC) with 14 leather clubs from Germany , Switzerland and Austria participate.
- Kink Crusaders , documentary by Michael Skiff, 2011
- Joseph W. Bean: International Mr. Leather: 25 Years of Champions , Nazca Plains, Las Vegas, Nevada, 2004, ISBN 1-887895-38-8
- Documentary: Menmaniacs - The Legacy of Leather , directed by Jochen Hick, 1995, 86 min.
- Joseph W. Bean, International Mr. Leather: 25 Years of Champions , Nazca Plains, Las Vegas, Nevada, 2004, ISBN 1-887895-38-8
- German Mr. Leather ( Memento of the original from June 21, 2009 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. at Berlin Leder und Fetisch eV (accessed on June 22, 2009.)
- Taz.de of April 12, 2001: The agony of choice
- Bavarian Mr. Leather. Retrieved on May 24, 2017 (German, English, French).
- Information page of the ECMC (accessed on December 29, 2009)
- Leather & Fetish Community. Retrieved May 24, 2017 .
- kinkcrusaders-themovie.com (homepage), accessed May 21, 2012.