So are for example
- Violations of the Narcotics Act
- Promotion creep
- Human trafficking ,
- Corruption ,
- Performance creep and
- Environmental crime
typical control offenses.
The number of control offenses found says little about the number of unreported cases . Stricter controls can lead to an increased number of offenses detected, although the number of actual offenses has remained the same or has even decreased. Conversely, the number of offenses detected can also remain the same or even decrease as a result of less frequent controls, although the number of offenses committed has increased.
- Lecture Criminology, Prof. Dr. Henning Ernst Müller, University of Regensburg (accessed on October 2, 2007), page 5. Quotation: “ Control crimes are those that are almost exclusively uncovered (and at the same time mostly cleared up) through investigative activities by the police. "
- It concerns with shoplifting and performance surreptitiously loud crime trends Police Headquarters Essen 2006 ( Memento of the original of 18 December 2016 Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link is automatically inserted and not yet tested. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. about control offenses (accessed on October 2, 2007) Quote: The clearance rates depend very much on the respective number of control offenses, shoplifting and fraudulent activities, the so-called "fare dodging".
- Herz / Minthe, Criminal offense in human trafficking. Number of cases and determinants of criminal prosecution, 2006, published by the Federal Criminal Police Office, in the Police + Research series, Volume 31, page 308f. ( Memento of the original from May 21, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. (accessed on May 20, 2014; PDF; 3.91 MB) Quote: “ The“ actual frequency ”of the proactive generation of suspicions as a trigger for an investigation must be distinguished from its“ potential significance ”. In the written survey, representatives of the police estimated the unreported number of potential human trafficking victims to be an average of 91%. As further results of the investigation on the victims show, their special situation (illegality, dependency and coercive structures) suggests that, in principle, a comparatively low willingness to report can be assumed. "
- Measures of the state government to combat human trafficking and to protect the victims (accessed on October 2, 2007; PDF; 47 kB) Quotation: “ Human trafficking as a control crime , especially the trafficking in women for the purpose of sexual exploitation, is carried out by the police own activities like controls at typical milieu locations in the truest sense of the word "tracked down". "
- Periodical Security Report 2006 ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. (accessed on October 2, 2007), page 246. Quotation: “ Since corruption offenses are typically control offenses, so it largely depends on the human and material resources used for monitoring whether something and how much is discovered at all, this development in Hellfeld cannot the inevitable conclusion that corruption has decreased. "