Peter van Ham
Peter van Ham , (born March 10, 1964 in Darmstadt ) is a German author, photographer and exhibition curator who deals in particular with various regions of the Himalayas.
Career and activities
Van Ham graduated from the Musicians Institute and the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University in Frankfurt am Main . Van Ham went on numerous research trips to northern India , Tibet and Nepal . He published several books on these regions that were translated into different languages. He also curates exhibitions on these topics. Van Ham is a Fellow of the Royal Geographical and Royal Asiatic Societies, London, and the Explorers Club, New York. An exhibition on Western Tibet curated by him with a focus on the work of Lama Angarika Govinda begins in November 2016 at the St. Gallen Museum of History and Ethnology .
- Tabo - Gods of light. The Indo-Tibetan masterpiece . Munich 2014, ISBN 978-3-7774-2326-5
- Warriors of the Sun and Moon: Myths and Fairy Tales of the Peoples of Northeast India . Frauenfeld 2011, ISBN 978-3-03740-104-0
- Heavenly Himalayas: the murals of Mangyu and other discoveries in Ladakh . Munich 2010, ISBN 978-3-7913-4543-7
- India's Tibet - Tibet's India: the cultural legacy of the Western Himalayas . Munich 2009, ISBN 978-3-7774-2221-3
- In the mountains of the headhunters: India's wild northeast . Munich 2007, ISBN 978-3-89405-381-9
- ↑ The data follow the official Peter van Hams website .
- ↑ Memberships quoted from Birgit Zotz : Tibet's Sachse. Ernst Hoffmann becomes Lama Govinda . Munich: Edition Habermann, ISBN 978-3-96025-007-4 , p. 162
- ↑ Historical and Ethnological Museum St. Gallen: ON THE PATH OF THE WHITE CLOUDS WEST TIBET ONCE AND NOW November 26, 2016 - end of 2017
|SURNAME||Ham, Peter van|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German book author, photographer and exhibition curator|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 10, 1964|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Darmstadt|