As armory rooms are referred to, in which weapons and armor have been retained in order to spend it if necessary, the military occupation of a castle or fortress, or even to the citizens of a city. Sometimes entire buildings were used as armory referred, in this case, the term is synonymous with Arsenal be. Today's version of the armory is the armory .
Even today, some museums and weapon collections are called armories , including
- the armory in Dresden
- the armory of the Moscow Kremlin
- the armory of the Wartburg
- the court hunt and armory in Vienna (today part of the Kunsthistorisches Museum )
- the armory of the royal palace in Stockholm (Livrustkammaren)
- Armory , in: Pierers Universallexikon. 14th volume. 1862, p. 626 ( digitized version )