The relaunch (English for 'reintroduction', composed of the prefix re = 'again' or 'new' and the noun launch = 'start' or ' launch ') denotes on the one hand the reintroduction or new application, on the other hand the revision and improvement of a product already on the market .
Examples of a relaunch in terms of revising and improving a product launched on the market are:
- Redesigned packaging
- New layout of a newspaper or magazine
- Revision of a website
- New version of a computer program
- New generation of cell phones
- Start of a new film series, the content of which continues an older series.
Such a revision and improvement can serve to stop the - expected or already occurred - decline in sales in the maturity stage of the product life cycle . Other reasons can be a changed customer taste (requirement for a changed design), legal requirements and regional peculiarities.
Not every relaunch is successful. The customers who have been added or won back are often confronted by a group of customers who reject the innovation, prefer the old product or turn away from the product entirely.
- Fa - this cosmetics brand from Henkel is an example of a brand that has been renewed several times through relaunch.
- The 1980 television series Galactica as a kind of continuation of the science fiction series Battle Star Galactica
- The New 52 as the restart of several comic series in the DC Universe
- The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition as an improved new edition of the computer game The Secret of Monkey Island
- Relaunch, der oder das. In: Duden. Retrieved October 13, 2016 .