In addition to the late Marietta Alboni , Sara Mingardo is one of the few contralto players from the land of opera. She is characterized by a clear, straightforward presentation with a strong, stable voice.
She studied at the Benedetto Marcello Conservatory in Venice and at the Accademia Musicale Chigiana in Siena. She made her debut in 1987 with the Fidalma from Il matrimonio segreto . As a result, she won local prizes and performed in increasingly prominent houses. Today she is one of the internationally important singers with appearances on the big stages of the world. She is professor of baroque singing at the venerable Conservatorio Santa Cecilia .
She made her first recordings in 1995, and got her own cover in 2002 with Sara Mingardo, Contralto .
- Sara Mingardo on the pages of the Bavarian State Opera
- Sara Mingardo at Operabase (engagements and dates)
- Sara Mingardo at Bach Cantatas (English)
- Lecturer list of the Conservatorio Santa Cecilia
- Interview and audio sample on YouTube
- Sara Mingardo at Discogs (English)
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Italian opera singer (alto) and vocal teacher|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 2, 1961|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Mestre , Venice|