Saruhi Postandschjan ( Armenian Զարուհի Փոստանջյան ; born January 16, 1972 in Yerevan , Armenian SSR , Soviet Union ) is an Armenian politician and lawyer. She was a member of the Armenian Parliament , an activist and was a member of the party executive of the Liberal Armenian Party Heir .
education and profession
Postandschjan attended school No. 132 in Yerevan and graduated from the MYUD Law Institute ( Armenian «ՄՅՈՒԴ» իրավաբանական ինստիտուտը ) in Yerevan in 1994 as a lawyer.
Postandschjan worked in 1998 as a lawyer for the non-profit Armenian Helsinki Association ( Armenian Հելսինկյան ընկերություն ). In 1999 she was admitted to the bar. 1999–2000 she worked as a lawyer for the non-profit women's rights center ( Armenian Կանանց իրավունքների կենտրոն ). She was a lawyer at the Wrestling Olympic Youth Sport School of Armenia . From 2000 to 2007 she was chairman of the non-profit organization Juristen für Menschenrechte , as well as author and presenter of the television program Advocate . She has been a member of the Armenian Bar Association since 1999.
On May 12, 2007 she was elected to the National Assembly of Armenia. In 2012 she was re-elected. Postandschjan was parliamentary group leader of the Erbe group.
Postandschjan was awarded a diploma, a medal and a medal from the Armenian All-National Union Sorawar Andranik .
Disagreement with President Sargsyan
In October 2013, Armenian President Serzh Sargsyan addressed the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe. Postanjyan took the floor and asked him if it was true that he had gone to a casino in Europe and then lost 70 million euros and where he had got the money from. Sargsyan strictly denied having visited a casino. Postanjyan was subsequently expelled from the Armenian delegation to the Parliamentary Assembly. Defending Postanjian's right to freedom of speech, the Legacy Party condemned its member's political persecution. According to the pro-opposition website Armenianow.com, supporters of Postanjyan held a hero's reception at Yerevan airport after challenging the president in Strasbourg. People were holding flowers, balloons, and Armenian flags when they came to greet Postanjyan.
On February 20, 2017, Postanjjan announced her departure from the Erbe party via Facebook. She gave an ideological gap as the reason.
On May 14, 2017, Postanjyan and her daughter were dragged from the Republican Party's election campaign office in Yerevan. They had come to the office to investigate rumors of buying votes.
Postandschjan is married and has three children.
- Zaruhi POSTANJYAN. In: parliament.am. Retrieved June 27, 2018 .
- Zaruhi Postanjyan Resigns from Heritage Party. In: asbarez.com. February 21, 2017, accessed June 27, 2018 .
- "I have never been to a casino in Europe", Armenian President answers Zaruhi Postanjyan's question. In: mediamax.am. October 2, 2013, accessed June 27, 2018 .
- Armenian President at PACE: 'I Do Not Gamble in Casinos'. In: epress.am. October 2, 2013, accessed June 27, 2018 .
- Armenian opposition member to lose PACE delegation seat over casino question. In: web.archive.org. October 3, 2013, archived from the original on October 5, 2013 ; accessed on June 27, 2018 (English).
- Heritage party condemns political persecution of its member. In: tert.am. Retrieved June 27, 2018 .
- Opposition MP gets hero's welcome from supporters in Yerevan after challenging Prez Sargsyan in Strasbourg. In: armenianow.com. October 6, 2013, accessed June 27, 2018 .
- Armenian Police Use Force Against Opposition Mayoral Candidate. In: rferl.org. May 15, 2017, accessed June 27, 2018 .
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Զարուհի Փոստանջյան (Armenian)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Armenian politician and lawyer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||January 16, 1972|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Yerevan , Armenian SSR , Soviet Union|