A senior phone is a phone that is specifically designed to meet the physical needs of the elderly or the physically challenged. The manufacturers consciously forego a rich variety of functions in order to keep the usability of the devices as simple and intuitive as possible. Often, senior phones are expanded to include a so-called emergency function , which enables the owner to make an emergency call to a previously defined rescue service with just one push of a button .
Typical features of such devices:
- Big Keys (Decreasing Eyesight)
- Particularly loud adjustable ringtones
- Optical signals (e.g. flashlight) in addition to the ringtone
- Adjustable volume of the telephone receiver (decrease in hearing sensitivity)
- Inductive couplers in the telephone receiver for direct transmission of the loudspeaker signal into a hearing aid