Suzanne Herbordt-von Wickede
Suzanne Herbordt-von Wickede (* 1956 in New Haven (Connecticut) ) is Professor of Cultures of the Ancient Orient at the Ancient Near Eastern Institute of the University of Leipzig .
Herbordt-von Wickede studied from 1974 to 1991 Classical and Near Eastern Archeology and Assyriology at Bryn Mawr College , the University of Vermont , the Ludwig Maximilians University in Munich and with Karlheinz Deller at the Ruprecht Karls University in Heidelberg . In 1991 she received her doctorate in Munich with a thesis on neo-Assyrian glyptics . In 2000 a habilitation on Hittite glyptics followed in Leipzig . After working there for several years as a private lecturer, she was appointed associate professor in 2006.
- with Daliah Bawanypeck and J. David Hawkins , The seals of the great kings and great queens on clay bulls from the Nişantepe archive in Hattusa (= Boğazköy-Ḫattuša: results of excavations 23). von Zabern, Mainz 2011. ISBN 978-3-8053-4331-2
- The prince and official seals of the Hittite Empire period on clay bulls from the Nişantepe archive in Hattusa (= Boğazköy-Ḫattuša: results of excavations 19). von Zabern, Mainz 2005 (partly also Habil.-Schrift, Leipzig 2000). ISBN 3-8053-3311-0
- Neo-Assyrian glyptics of the 8th-7th centuries Century BC With special consideration of the seals on tablets and clay closures (= State Archives of Assyria Studies 1). Helsinki 1992 (also dissertation, University of Munich 1991).
- Literature by and about Suzanne Herbordt-von Wickede in the catalog of the German National Library
- Page by Suzanne Herbordt-von Wickede at the University of Leipzig
|SURNAME||Herbordt-von Wickede, Suzanne|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||American archaeologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1956|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||New Haven (Connecticut)|