Sven P. Vleeming
Sven Vleeming studied Egyptology, General Linguistics and Comparative Semitic Studies at the University of Leiden from 1970 to 1977 . In 1983 he received his doctorate with the study “ Papyrus Reinhardt. An Egyptian Land List from the Tenth Cent. BC “From 1977 to 1986 Vleeming was a lecturer at the Papyrological Institute of the University of Leiden and from 1986 to 1996 senior lecturer. Since 1996 he has been professor of Egyptology at the University of Trier .
- with Willy Clarysse, G. van de Veken: The Eponymous Priests of Ptolemaic Egypt , Leiden 1983
- Inleiding tot het Demotic Script: Het Demotic Script , Leiden 1988
- The Gooseherds of Hou. A Dossier Relating to Various Agricultural Affairs from Provincial Egypt of the Early Fifth Cent. BC , Leuven 1991 (Studia Demotica III)
- with AA den Brinker: Check-List of Demotic Text Editions and Re-Editions presented on the occasion of the Fifth International Conference for Demotic Studies in Pisa 4th-8th September 1993 , Leiden 1993
- Reinhardt Papyrus. An Egyptian Land List from the Tenth Cent. BC , Berlin 1993
- Ostraka Varia. Tax Receipts and Legal Documents on Demotic, Greek, and Greek-Demotic Ostraka, chiefly of the Ptolomaic Period, from Various Collections , Leiden 1994
- Some Coins of Artaxerxes and Other Short Texts in the Demotic Script Found on Various Objects and Gathered from Many Publications , Leuven 2001 (Studia Demotica V)
- with AA den Brinker, BP Muhs: A list of amendments of Demotic Documents , Leuven 2005 (Studia Demotica VII)
- Cary J. Martin, Cisca Hoogendijk and Koen Donker Van Heel as editors: Hieratic, Demotic and Greek Studies and Text Editions. Of Making Many Books There Is No End. Festschrift in Honor of Sven P. Vleeming (= Papyrologica Lugduno-Batava. Volume 34). Brill, Leiden 2018, ISBN 978-90-04-37753-0 .
|SURNAME||Vleeming, Sven P.|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Dutch Egyptologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1950|