|Area of Expertise||Film and entertainment industry|
|publishing company||Penske Media Corporation (PMC) ( United States )|
|Frequency of publication||weekly / daily|
History and background
Variety was founded in 1905 by Sime Silverman . Today, the paper is an influential medium to accompany American popular culture . Since 1933 the Daily Variety has also appeared with the latest news from show business. The magazine is distributed in 84 countries. Since 1998, the Internet service Variety.com has also been offering searchable archives, information on international box office hits, and overviews of film and television productions.
- Variety has been published weekly and worldwide since 1905.
- Daily Variety , since 1933 (only appears online since March 20, 2013)
- Daily Variety Gotham , daily since 1998.
- Variety.com , Internet version since 1998.
- Variety On-The-Go , Variety as an app version for iPad, iPhone, Android, Blackberry or Windows Phone.
- Homepage on variety.com (English)
- Varietys Slanguage Dictionary on variety.com (English)
- Variety makes history on variety.com
- Description of the Paris Bibliothèque du film (French)
- 100th birthday article on lemonde.fr (French)