The AREA 47 is an amusement park in Ötztal-Bahnhof , Tirol , with up to 250,000 visitors per season. Almost 40 sports are available on a total area of 9.5 hectares. A total of 400 beds in the form of wooden lodges and double rooms offer overnight accommodation.
The groundbreaking ceremony took place in August 2009, and the facility opened on May 21, 2010. At the opening, 25,000 people visited the park. In the first season, 12,800 overnight stays and 18,000 outdoor tours were achieved. The school trip program, in which up to 150 classes take part each year, has been running since 2011. In the same year, a permanent blob was put into operation in the Water AREA. 60 additional beds were added for the 2012 summer season. The infrastructure on offer grew with the expansion of the cliff diving platform, the opening of the Little Bro wakeboard facility and the offroad hall. With the Argentinian BBQ, there has been a second catering operation since 2014. AREA 47 initiator Hansi Neuner died in April 2015. Michael Reden-Neuner and Christian Schnöller took over the management. The area grew by an additional 60 double rooms and the Slip'n'Slide slide in the Water AREA. There was a lot of attention for the marketing project extreme intern. With the WAKE AREA, western Austria's first wakeboard facility with a 19,130 square meter lake and water ski lift including five masts and a length of 420 meters opened in June 2016. The first Red Bull Cliff Diving Camp took place in 2016. AREA 47 achieved 48,000 overnight stays and sold 78,000 outdoor tours. The camp offer was further expanded, in September 2017 the first Tyrolean wakeboard championship took place. At the end of the 2017 season Michael Reden-Neuner retired from the management, which Christian Schnöller has been solely responsible for since then.
The park is divided into several areas. The outdoor category bundles adventure offers such as canyoning, rafting or caving. The climbing category includes activities such as high ropes course, flying fox & mega swing, climbing tower and guided via ferrata tours. The heart of the facility is the Water Area with a 20,000 m² area that combines almost all types of fun sports. Western Austria's first wakeboard facility opened in June 2016 on an area of the same size.
- Slide park with five different slides (freefall slide, kamikaze slide, 270 degree slide, wave slide and kids slide) and cliff diving
- Beginners wakeboard facility
- Blobbing: fun sport from the USA.
- Surf slide
- Freestyle ski jump
- Deep water soloing
- Beach Playground
- Flying fox
- Mega swing
- High ropes course
- Climbing tower
- Indoor e-motocross
- Mountain bike
Sports events have been held regularly since AREA 47 started. One of the events in the early years was the multi-discipline competition “Beyond Gravity”. Since 2016, the Red Bull Cliff Diving Camp has held a demonstration of the world's best cliff divers for the public. Other formats since 2017 are the Stiegl Extreme Blobbing and the Tyrolean Wakeboard Masters. The team time trials of the road cycling world championships began here in September 2018 .
- The Tirol Touristica Award in the “Infrastructure” category went to AREA 47 in 2011. The jury emphasized that the project created an outdoor park for young people that is unique in Europe. In 2013 the outdoor and leisure park won the export award in the Tourism & Leisure Industry category, awarded by the Austrian Chamber of Commerce.
- The news portal CNN ranked AREA 47 among the top 5 water parks worldwide.
- The New York Times selects AREA 47 among the top 6 water parks in the world.
- The Austrian Chamber of Commerce honored the outdoor amusement park with the export award in 2013.
- AREA 47: the largest outdoor amusement park in Austria. Retrieved January 3, 2018 .
- Regionalmedien Austria: Area 47 wants to become an international off-road center . In: mein district.at . ( mein district.at [accessed on January 3, 2018]).
- The extreme intern goes to his limits - oe3.ORF.at. Retrieved January 3, 2018 .
- UCI Road World Championships 2018. Accessed January 3, 2018 .
- Tourism professionals pull together / Tirol Werbung press portal. Retrieved January 3, 2018 .
- Regionalmedien Austria: Area 47 scores at the 2013 export award . In: mein district.at . ( mein district.at [accessed on January 3, 2018]).
- Area 47 ranks among the four best water parks in the world on CNN
- Area 47 ranks among the four best water parks in the world on CNN. Tiroler Tageszeitung Online, accessed on March 4, 2020 .
- WKÖ Export Prize 2013: 3 winners from the tourism and leisure industry category . In: Tourism press . ( Tourismuspresse.at [accessed January 3, 2018]).