Alfred Freddy Krupa
Alfred Freddy Krupa (born June 14, 1971 ) is a Croatian contemporary painter , draftsman , book artist and art teacher . The multidisciplinary artist Alfred Freddy Krupa is considered a pioneer of the New Ink Art movement, for which he has gained international recognition.
Krupa is known as a painter of portraits. He portrayed the Croatian president Franjo Tudjman (1996) and Rwanda King Kigeli V . (2013). He had exhibitions in Croatia, Belgium, Japan, Pakistan and the USA.
In 1998 Krupa received a scholarship from Tokyo Gakugei University and studied Japanese ink painting . The Japanese influence is evident in the lines and in the course of the brush saturated with color as well as in the differentiation of black into fine gray values. At times Krupa frees himself from the ties to representational forms, to trees, bushes and paths and gives the brush free rein to a brush stroke, which thus suggests a proximity to European Art Informel . "In a way, Krupa's painting is a bridge between Japanese and European ink painting"
“Krupa explores the amalgamation of different styles and links different connections between scientific and artistic theories. He creates inks on paper that reflect a minimalist, mathematical approach. All Krupa pieces are spontaneous, raw and direct and achieve a personal and authentic artistic signature ”. (Alyssa Perrott, Paris, 2019.).
Artfacts.net Global Artists Historical Ranking (all media) positioned AF Krupa in 1997 on the basis of the international exhibition history around 1300th place, with a similar ranking for about two decades and in the TOP 10 of modern ink painters (the list was updated on Published February 22, 2019).
Awards & memberships
- General Artist Lexicon Online / Artists of the World Online
- Getty Research Institute / Getty Museum ULAN® vocabulary
- Museum of Contemporary Art in Zagreb - Croatia (MSU)
- CSA Catalog
- Contemporary art at the 32nd Sarajevo Festival “Winter” . Quoted on Krupa's home page. Retrieved February 11, 2019
- Jürgen Weichardt : DNB https://portal.dnb.de/opac.htm?method=simpleSearch&cqlMode=true&reset=true&referrerPosition=0&referrerResultId=idn%3D860834247%26any&query=idn%3D119176971
- Baron, Royal House of Rwanda
- Order of the Crown, Rwanda
|SURNAME||Krupa, Alfred Freddy|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Croatian contemporary painter, draftsman, book artist and art teacher|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 14, 1971|