Jürgen Weichardt (also: Jurgen Vajchardt * 7. June 1933 in Hannover ) is a German teacher and art collector and art historian , nonfiction - author , publisher and founder of Living and sites of action, particularly in Westerstede and Oldenburg (Oldb) .
Jürgen Weichardt was born in Hanover in 1933 and went to Oldenburg as a child in 1946, where he attended the then Hindenburg School.
After graduating from school, Weichard first studied in Oldenburg, in Göttingen at the Georg-August University and in Bonn at the Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-University , including the subject of art history. During his studies he began collecting art, initially only posters and calendar prints for reasons of cost.
After completing his studies, Weichardt taught German, history, social studies and sports at the Old High School in Oldenburg from 1966 to 1995 . At the time of his legal clerkship, he worked for the Nordwest-Zeitung (NWZ). A few days later, Weichardt's first review appeared in the NWZ; about an exhibition by the Cloppenburg sculptor Paul Dierkes in the Oldenburg Palace . Weichardt's participation in the NWZ would last for decades, with an interruption between 1973 and 1980.
Jürgen Weichardt's attention in the modern art scene in the early 1960s - unlike most of his west-oriented colleagues - was more focused on the artists in Eastern Europe: he first visited Prague , which was then still communist, in 1964 , and then in 1965 Hungary , followed by Yugoslavia , Czechoslovakia , Poland and the Soviet Union . After his marriage to the Russian artist Eugenia Gortchakova (1950–2016), his relationship with art intensified - especially with that of artists from Eastern Europe.
Weichardt organized, among other things, exhibitions with a focus on Eastern European art of the - then - present, was involved as a member of the international jury and as a consultant to the International Graphic Biennale in Krakow . Weichardt, who has opened more than 1,100 exhibitions, around 300 of which he curated, was awarded the “ Mèrite en Faveur de la culture Polonaise ” order for his services to Polish culture in 1988 , one of the highest honors the Government of Poland has to forgive.
More than 100 guests congratulated Weichardt's 80th birthday during the birthday party organized by the City of Oldenburg and the Oldenburg Landscape in 2013 in the rooms of the Oldenburger Kunstverein . The then landscape president Thomas Kossendey paid tribute in his speech, among other things, to Weichardt's services to art and artists in the Oldenburger Land . The highlight of the celebrations was the premiere of the approximately one-and-a-half- hour film Iron Through the Curtain , which particularly stood out thanks to Weichardt's commitment in Eastern Europe.
In the course of his life, Jürgen Weichardt has built up a collection of around 1500 objects, including sculptures and drawings, of which he has given hundreds of pieces to the Horst Janssen Museum in Oldenburg, for example , and others to Russia. By 2013, only a few dozen pictures were hanging on the walls in the art collector's apartment, including works by his wife Eugenia Gortchakova, who died in 2016.
- Ironically through the curtain , around 90 minutes, world premiere on the 80th birthday of Jürgen Weichardt, who particularly focuses on his involvement in Eastern Europe
In addition to the more than 1000 reviews of Weichardt, the art critic published
- 125 years of the Oldenburger Kunstverein. 1843-1968. Contributions to its history , Ed .: Oldenburger Kunstverein, Oldenburg: Oldenburger Kunstverein, 1968
- Painting, plastic, objects, graphics. From the Jürgen Weichardt Collection , accompanying the exhibition from March 4 to 25, 1973 in the Kunsthalle Wilhelmshaven, Wilhelmshaven: Kunsthalle, 1973
- Jürgen Weichardt (Ed.): From the Latin School to the Old High School Oldenburg 1573–1973 . Holzberg Verlag, Oldenburg 1973 ISBN 3-87358-062-4
- HJ Breuste (= Lower Saxony contemporary artists , new series, vol. 26), with photos by Oldrich Breuste, published by the Lower Saxony Ministry for Science and Art, Edition "Libri Artis", Verlag Th. Schäfer, Hanover, 1985, ISBN 978-3 -88746-118-8 and ISBN 3-88746-118-5
- Paul Dierkes . Sculptures and graphics , published by Helmut Ottenjann on behalf of the Paul Dierkes Foundation, Cloppenburg: Museumsdorf Cloppenburg, 1981
- Gerhard Marcks . Sculptures and drawings , publication for the exhibition in the Paul-Dierkes-Halle of the Museumsdorf Cloppenburg, published by the Paul-Dierkes-Stiftung, Cloppenburg: Museumsdorf Cloppenburg, 1983
- Jürgen Weichardt, Lásló Beke, Ernst Nündel: On the work of János Nádasdy . In: PlasMa group. ed. from Kunstverein Salzgitter eV self-published, Salzgitter 1984.
- Sculptor in Berlin, 1925–1935 , catalog for the exhibition in the Paul-Dierkes-Halle in the Museumsdorf Cloppenburg, published by the Paul-Dierkes-Stiftung, Cloppenburg: Museumsdorf Cloppenburg, 1985
- Polish art in Germany - West German art in Poland. A balance of the mutual exhibition relationships. In Jan-Pieter Barbian , Marek Zybura (ed.): Experienced neighborhood. Aspects of German-Polish relations in the 20th century (= publications of the German Poland Institute Darmstadt , vol. 12), Wiesbaden: Harrassowitz, 1999, ISBN 978-3-447-04149-2 and ISBN 3-447-04149-8 ; Pp. 252-265 et al .; Preview over google books
Literature and catalogs
- Kolekcja sztuki zachodnioniemieckiej. Jürgena Weichardta dar dla Krakowa , komisarz wystawy: Krystyna Kulig-Janirek. Kraków: Muzeum Narodowe, 1988.
- Lucien Kayser, Eugenia Gortchakova, JW (texts) Xenia Osthelder ( transl. ): Eugenia Gortchakova. Painting after conceptual art . January 22 - February 27, 1994 Galerie 42, Sara Ruth Schumann, Oldenburg; May 8 - May 29, 1994 Galerie Salustowicz, Bielefeld, Oldenburg. Isensee, 1994, ISBN 978-3-89442-171-7 and ISBN 3-89442-171-1 .
- = Catalog Artists of the Jürgen Weichardt Collection
- = Catalog: Eugenia Gortchakova
- Kolekcja Jürgena Weichardta. Dar dla chełmskiej kolekcji , Galeria Rzeźby, Warszawa, 1996.
- Ewald Gäßler (ed.) Et al. : Aesthetic alternatives. International graphics for the Horst Janssen Museum Oldenburg. Donation by Jürgen Weichardt (= Publications of the Stadtmuseum Oldenburg , vol. 37), publication on the occasion of the exhibition in the Stadtmuseum Oldenburg from May 4 to June 12, 2000 Exhibition and catalog editor: Ewald Gäßler, Oldenburg: Isensee, 2000.
- Sovremennaja nemeckaja grafika iz sobranija Jurgena Vajchardta (= contemporary German graphics from the Jürgen Weichardt collection ), Goethe-Institut Inter Nationes. Otvetstvennye za vypusk: Lyudmila Ivasina ... Novosibirsk: IPP "Ofset", 2003.
- Sovremennaja nemeckaja Grafika iz sobranija Jurgena Vaichardta. 7-24 oktjabrja 2006, ė̇kspozicija sovremennoj nemeckoj grafiki v ramkach IX dnej nemecko-rossijkoj kul'tury v Chabarovske (= contemporary German graphics from the Jürgen Weichardt collection ), Dal'nevostoc̆nyj chudoz̆estvennyj muzej, Chabarovsk, 2006.
- Grafika sovremennoj Evropy iz sobranija Jurgena Vaichardta. Catalog vystavki , Ministerstvo kul'tury Omskoj oblasti ... [Farida Bureeva ...]. Omsk: Kompanhija Filipp, 2009.
- Always up to date - and sometimes ahead of it. The city and the Oldenburg landscape congratulate the art critic and collector Jürgen Weichardt on his 80th birthday . In: Kulturland Oldenburg: Journal of the Oldenburg Landscape , Oldenburg: Isensee-Verlag, 2013, ISSN 1434-5005.
- Regina Jerichow: Portrait / Life for Art and Artists / The former high school teacher has been writing for this newspaper since 1961. In addition, he has opened 1,100 exhibitions and is involved in contemporary art in Eastern European countries. on the page of the Nordwest-Zeitung from June 6, 2013.
- this, the GWLB probably inadvertently also notes Weichardt's activity as a painter and graphic artist; the presumption is possibly due to the literature also mentioned there, which appeared in Polish.
- Compare the information from the German National Library and cross-references
- o.V. : Weichardt, Jürgen in the database of Niedersächsische Personen (new entry required) of the Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz Library - Niedersächsische Landesbibliothek (GWLB), edited on March 21, 2006, last accessed on July 22, 2017
- Regina Jerichow: Portrait / Life for Art and Artists / The former high school teacher has been writing for this newspaper since 1961. In addition, he has opened 1,100 exhibitions and is involved in contemporary art in Eastern European countries. on the page of the Nordwest-Zeitung from June 6, 2013, last accessed on July 22, 2017
- Compare the information from the DNB
- Polish Art in Germany - West German Art in Poland. A balance of the mutual exhibition relationships. In Jan-Pieter Barbian , Marek Zybura (ed.): Experienced neighborhood. Aspects of German-Polish relations in the 20th century (= publications of the German Poland Institute Darmstadt , vol. 12), Wiesbaden: Harrassowitz, 1999, ISBN 978-3-447-04149-2 and ISBN 3-447-04149-8 ; P. 349 et al .; Preview over google books
- o. V .: Jürgen Weichardt received a film for his 80th birthday on the website nwzonline.de on July 10, 2013, last accessed on July 22, 2017
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Vajchardt, Jurgen|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German painter, graphic artist, teacher, art collector, art historian, non-fiction author, editor and founder|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 7, 1933|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Hanover|