Allen E. Greer
Greer received his PhD in 1973 under Ernest Edward Williams at the Museum of Comparative Zoology at Harvard University and was assistant curator in the herpetology department at the Museum of Vertebrate Zoology at the University of California, Berkeley from 1974/75 before going to the Australian Museum.
Greer gave the first descriptions of 62 species of reptiles, including 1979 the genus of the smooth night skink .
- The biology and evolution of Australian snakes, Surrey Beatty & Sons 1997
- Encyclopedia of Australian Reptiles, Australian Museum Online 2005
- Entry in Beolens, Watkins, Grayson: Eponym Dictionary of Reptiles, Johns Hopkins University Press 2011
- Peter Uetz: The original descriptions of reptiles , Zootaxa, No. 2335, 2010, 59–68, pdf
- Sven Mecke and a .: First captive breeding of a night skink (Scincidae: Eremiascincus) from Timor-Leste, Lesser Sunda Islands, with remarks on the reproductive biology of the genus , accessed on June 22, 2016.
|SURNAME||Greer, Allen E.|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Greer, Allen Eddy (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Australian herpetologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||20th century|