Anglicanism (from Latin anglicanus "English") is the entirety of the faith and religious life of the "Church of England" ( Church of England ) and its daughter churches. Most of these daughter churches belong to the Anglican Communion , but some have separated from the communion.
In the pre-Reformation period, the expression referred to the national church efforts in England (cf. Gallicanism in France), which did not aim to break away from Rome , but rather to achieve greater national church autonomy .
Independent churches of Anglican origin
- African Orthodox Church
- African Orthodox Church of the West
- African Orthodox Episcopal Church
- American Anglican Church
- American Episcopal Church
- Anglican-Catholic Church
- Anglican Catholic Church of Canada
- Anglican Churches of America
- Anglican Church in America
- Anglican Church in North America
- Anglican Church of Virginia
- Anglican Episcopal Church
- Anglican Independent Communion
- Anglican Mission in America
- Anglican Orthodox Church
- Anglican Province of America
- Anglican Province of Christ the King
- Charismatic Episcopal Church in Germany
- Christian Episcopal Church
- Church of England in South Africa
- Communion of Evangelical Episcopal Churches
- Diocese of the Great Lakes
- Diocese of the Holy Cross
- Episcopal Missionary Church
- Free Protestant Episcopal Church
- Holy Catholic Church (Anglican Rite)
- Holy Catholic Church-Western Rite
- Orthodox Anglican Church
- Reformed Episcopal Church
- Southern Episcopal Church
- Sydney Anglicans
- United Anglican Church
- United Episcopal Church of North America
- Member Churches of the Anglican Communion
- Member churches of the Traditional Anglican Communion
- Member churches of the Orthodox Anglican Communion
- Peter F. Anson: The Call to the Cloister: Religious Communities and Kindred Bodies in the Anglican Communion . SPCK, London 1955.
- David Hein: Readings in Anglican Spirituality . Forward Publishing, Cincinnati 1991.
- David Hein: The Episcopalians . Church Publishing, New York 2005.
- RCD Jasper : The development of the Anglican Liturgy, 1662-1980 . SPCK, London 1989.
- Paul Elmer More / Frank Leslie Cross: Anglicanism . SPCK, London 1935.
- Stephen Neill : Anglicanism . Oxford University Press, New York 1978.
- Aidan Nichols: The Panther and the Hind: A Theological History of Anglicanism . T&T Clark, Edinburgh 1993.
- Edward Norman: Anglican Difficulties: A New Syllabus of Errors . Morehouse, London 2004.
- William L. Sachs : The Transformation of Anglicanism: From State Church to Global Community . Cambridge University Press, Cambridge 1993.
- Stephen Sykes , John Booty and Jonathan Knight (Eds.): The Study of Anglicanism . Fortress Press, Minneapolis, MN 1998.
- William Temple : Doctrine in the Church of England 1937.