|Audionova International BV|
Frank van der Vis
|Number of employees||1300 (2008)|
|Branch||Hearing aid acoustics|
The Audio Nova International BV is an in Rotterdam ( Netherlands -based) international trading company in the field of audiology, which employs more than 1,300 people at over 439 locations. In addition to 153 specialty stores in the Netherlands, the company has branches in Belgium , Denmark , Germany , France , Italy , Luxembourg , Poland , Portugal , Russia , Switzerland and Hungary . AudioNova's main focus is on selling and customizing hearing aids and acoustic needs through its European offices.
In 1926, Herke Schoonenberg opened its first branch in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, with a focus on optics, photography and hearing aids. After his retirement, his son ( Gerard Schoonenberg ) took over the business and expanded it to 23 branches. 1985 Schoonenberg was taken over by Groeneveld Winkelbedrijven (Groeneveld). At that time Groeneveld was an optician's shop with 100 branches in the Netherlands, 20 of which had a hearing aid department.
In 2000 Groeneveld was sold to HAL Investments . Up to this point in time, Schoonenbergs had generated sales of 17 million euros from 35 specialist shops and 34 opticians with hearing aid shop-in-shop systems or with additional hearing aid outlets in the shop.
Between 2000 and 2006, Schoonenberg's sales rose to more than 70 million euros. Following a buy-and-build strategy in the Netherlands, AudioNova International was integrated in 2006 to support the international branches.
In 2006 the focus of international activities was mainly on Germany and Belgium. In 2007 AudioNova continued its expansion and acquired businesses in France, Denmark and Italy. In 2008 Portugal was added to the list of more than 20 business acquisitions. In the last month of 2008 AudioNova was active in seven countries and operated 434 branches with an estimated turnover of 165 million euros.
In 2016 AudioNova was taken over by the Swiss company Sonova .
AudioNova International has the following subsidiaries (as of end of 2008):
- Schoonenberg Netherlands was founded in 1926 and became an independent subsidiary of the HAL Investment Group in 2000.
Schoonenberg Hoorcomfort owns 153 hearing aid retail stores across the Netherlands as of the end of 2008.
- AudioNova Belgium : founded in 2006 and represented with 23 branches in Belgium.
- AudioNova Denmark , opened in 2006, has 14 branches in Denmark.
- Geers Hörakustik In 2006 the HörGut group consisting of 131 branches within Germany was taken over and in 2010 Geers Hörakustik was acquired with another 280 branches. The number of branches grew to around 440 by 2012.
- Geers Hungary was added in 2010 with the integration of Geers. Geers Hungary has 15 branches.
- AudioNova France started in 2007 and now consists of 44 branches within France.
- AudioNova Italy was opened in 2007 and is represented by 47 branches in Italy.
- Geers Poland was added in 2010 with the integration of Geers. Geers Poland has 135 branches.
- MiniSom Portugal was acquired in April 2008 and consists of 22 branches.
- Geers Russia was added in 2010 with the incorporation of Geers. Geers Russia was founded in 2003.
- Beltone Switzerland was added in 2010 with the incorporation of Geers.
- Audionova International: Internet presence, 2008 facts ( memento from November 19, 2008 in the Internet Archive ) (as of August 2009)
- Audionova International: Internet presence archive link ( memento of October 13, 2012 in the Internet Archive ) (English) accessed on September 20, 2012
- Audionova International: Internet presence, 2008 Shareholder ( Memento from November 19, 2008 in the Internet Archive ) (Status: September 2009)
- Audionova International: Netherlands Schoonenberg , accessed September 20, 2012.
- Audionova International: AudioNova Belgium , accessed on September 20, 2012.
- Audionova International AudioNova Denmark , accessed September 20, 2012.
- Geers  accessed on September 20, 2012
- Geers Hungary: Geers Hungary , accessed on September 20, 2012.
- Audionova International: AudioNova France ( memento of November 2, 2012 in the Internet Archive ) accessed on September 20, 2012
- Audionova International: AudioNova Italy , accessed on September 20, 2012.
- Geers Poland: Geers Poland , accessed on September 20, 2012.
- Audionova International: MiniSom , accessed on September 20, 2012.
- Geers Russia: Geers Russia , accessed on September 20, 2012.
- Beltone Switzerland: Beltone Switzerland , accessed on 20 September 2012 found.