Band of unity
The band of unity was an installation by Kulturprojekte Berlin , which was designed by the managing director of the company Moritz van Dülmen . It was from 1-3. October 2018 as part of the citizens' festival on the Day of German Unity in Berlin. The tape consisted of glued on floor foils with the names of all 11,040 German cities and communities. The stickers were based on the typical yellow place-name signs . With a total length of 2.5 kilometers, the signs stretched as a band from the Berlin Central Station via the Platz der Republik and the Brandenburg Gate to Potsdamer Platz.
- Moritz van Dülmen, Bjoern Weigel (Ed.), Unity - Stories between the Fall of the Wall and Unification , Berlin 2018 ( DNB )
- ↑ ONLY WITH YOU | Cultural projects Berlin. Retrieved February 14, 2019 .
- ↑ On the Day of Unity, Berlin Germany is sticking a. Retrieved February 14, 2019 .
- ↑ Jens Schneider Berlin: The unimaginable . In: sueddeutsche.de . 2018, ISSN 0174-4917 ( sueddeutsche.de [accessed February 14, 2019]).
- ↑ 11,040 place-name signs draw a ribbon through Berlin. Retrieved February 14, 2019 .
- ↑ Wolfgang Bager: Panorama: A yellow site inspection: Band der Einheit in Berlin shows 11,400 town signs. October 1, 2018, accessed February 14, 2019 .