Bel Canto (band)
Bel Canto is a Norwegian music group founded in 1985 by Nils Johansen, Anneli Drecker and Geir Jenssen . Jenssen left the band in 1990 and since then has been best known for the publications of his ambient project Biosphere . The singer Anneli Drecker interrupted her work again and again for various albums under her own name, with other bands and for theater and film projects. Nils Johansen also works again and again with his other band Vajas .
In Norway, the first two albums were released under the name Bel Kanto , as a choir group already bore the name.
The group's music changed over time from avant-garde Gothic to melodic pop music. The decisive factor for this was the collaboration with the Belgian independent label crammed discs and many of the artists represented there. The texts of the pieces are in German , English , Spanish and French .
- 1987 - White-Out Conditions
- 1989 - Birds of Passage
- 1992 - Shimmering, Warm & Bright
- 1996 - Magic Box
- 1998 - Rush
- 1999 - Images (European version of Rush; same tracklist)
- 2001 - Retrospect (best of with a new title from the follow-up album)
- 2002 - Dorothy's victory (released only in Norway)