One way of employment to define the numerical ratio of is working people to unemployment within a society . From an economic point of view, however, this falls short as a general definition because it does not take into account the fundamentally independent development of employment and unemployment. In this respect, the goal of employment level should be better understood as a combination of the two components; H. a large number of employed persons combined with low unemployment indicates a high level of employment.
High employment as a goal of economic policy
The goal of high employment is justified
- in personal aspects (psychological and personal disadvantages due to unemployment)
- in political aspects (employment level as a success indicator of an economic policy)
- in economic aspects (high costs of unemployment, loss of tax revenue , etc.)
- but also through violation of socio-political goals (such as freedom of the individual, social justice, social peace, social security and promotion of prosperity).
An unemployment rate of up to 2% is viewed as a high level of employment .
- Full employment - Article in the lexicon of the Federal Agency for Civic Education.