Federal working group for child and youth protection
The Federal Working Group on Child and Youth Protection (BAJ) is a registered association based in Berlin. In 1951, the BAJ was founded as the "Federal Association for Youth Protection".
The BAJ is an amalgamation of independent youth welfare organizations , the leading associations of independent welfare , specialist organizations and state working groups / state offices for child and youth protection as well as interested individuals. The BAJ offers specialists in child and youth protection in publications and at specialist conferences information on the fields of legal and educational child and youth protection. The topics of child and youth protection are also prepared and made accessible for young people, parents and teachers. Traders are regularly made aware of the regulations that protect children and young people.
State offices for youth protection
The state offices for youth protection in nine out of 16 federal states are organized as independent agencies for youth welfare and, with their different focuses, cover a wide range of topics in child and youth protection. In addition, there are church working groups for youth protection in two federal states:
- Campaign for the protection of minors in the Baden-Württemberg State Office
- Campaign for the protection of minors from the State Office of Bavaria
- Campaign for children and youth protection Brandenburg eV
- Working group for child and youth protection Hamburg eV
- State Office for Youth Protection Lower Saxony
- Working group for child and youth protection Landesstelle Nordrhein-Westfalen e. V.
- Evangelical working group for child and youth protection NRW
- Catholic State Working Group for Child and Youth Protection NW
- Campaign for youth protection in Saxony
- Service point for child and youth protection in Saxony-Anhalt from fjp> media
- Campaign for child and youth protection Landesarbeitsstelle Schleswig-Holstein eV
- State Working Group Child and Youth Protection Thuringia eV
- AGJ Regional Association for Prevention and Rehabilitation in the Archdiocese of Freiburg
Publications / online help
The BAJ issues various publications that deal with questions of child and youth protection from the perspectives of science and practice and offers online information and reference works for professionals and interested persons, educators, parents and teachers. The specialist journal Child and Youth Protection in Science and Practice (KJug) is aimed at specialists in public and free child and youth welfare as well as students and teachers at universities and political representatives at the state and federal level. In regularly published dossiers , topics relevant to the protection of children and minors are briefly presented with current figures and statistics as well as the respective legal aspects, educational recommendations with references to study literature and contact persons. With MDA models documents analyzes , the BAJ publishes a series of publications on key topics of child and youth protection as well as teaching materials on youth protection for a broad group of interested parties from specialists in child and youth welfare, educational assistance and teachers at schools and universities.
Laws and Authorities
- Youth Protection Act (JuschG)
- Youth Media Protection State Treaty (JMStV)
- Federal Ministry for Family, Seniors, Women and Youth (BMFSFJ)