|CF Industries Holdings, Inc.
|Seat||Deerfield , Illinois ,|
|management||Tony Will ( CEO )|
|Number of employees||2,800|
|sales||4,308,000,000 US dollars|
|As of December 31, 2015|
CF Industries is a manufacturer and distributor of fertilizers based in Deerfield, near Chicago . The company is a subsidiary of CF Industries Holdings and produces nitrogen and phosphate fertilizers .
The company was founded in 1946 as a fertilizer dealer for regional agricultural companies. The company expanded its distribution and began producing fertilizers. In 2005 CF Industries Holdings, Inc. went public on the New York Stock Exchange . In March 2010 the company acquired Terra Industries for 0.0953 treasury shares and 37.15 dollars in cash per Terra Industries share. In total, CF Industries paid $ 4.7 billion. In the fall of 2014, Yara signaled her interest in acquiring CF Industries for $ 27.5 billion.
On August 6, 2015, CF Industries and Dutch competitor agreed OCI to the acquisition of major divisions of OCI for 8 billion US dollars . After the takeover, which was scheduled for completion in mid-2016, CF Industries would relocate to the Netherlands and become the world's largest producer of nitrogen fertilizers. After the takeover, OCI was to hold a 27.7% stake in CF Industries and individual holdings in nitrogen fertilizer manufacturers in the Netherlands, Egypt and Algeria . In May 2016 it was announced that CF Industries had withdrawn its offer.
- Profile: Leadership ( Memento from April 7, 2016 in the Internet Archive )
- Annual Report 2015
- CF Industries website, Profile of CF Industries, Inc. ( Memento April 12, 2016 in the Internet Archive ), accessed March 13, 2010
- n-tv, powder vapor disappears: CF swallows Terra , March 12, 2010
- Balazs Koranyi, Joachim Dagenborg: Norway's Yara, CF in talks to create $ 27.5 billion global fertilizer producer. Reuters, September 23, 2014, accessed January 26, 2015 .
- OCI NV and CF Industries to Create Global Nitrogen Leader , August 6, 2015