German Commission for Electrical, Electronic and Information Technologies
The DKE German Commission for Electrical, Electronic and Information Technologies of DIN and VDE is the organization responsible in Germany for the development of standards , norms and safety regulations in the fields of electrical engineering , electronics and information technology . The chairman of the commission was Wolfgang Hofheinz from 2011 to 2014 . At the beginning of 2015, Roland Bent took over the chairmanship.
The organization, supported by the Association of Electrical, Electronic and Information Technologies (VDE), as a division of the VDE, is also a standards committee in the German Institute for Standardization .
As a German member in the international and European organizations for the standardization of electrical engineering, the DKE represents German interests in the development and further development of international and European standards for the removal of trade barriers and for the global opening of markets.
The DKE's mission
The DKE in DIN and VDE serves as a modern, non-profit service organization for the safe and efficient generation, distribution and use of electricity and thus the benefit of the general public.
The DKE is
- the national organization for the development of standards and safety regulations in the field of electrical engineering, electronics and information technology in Germany
- an organ of the German Institute for Standardization (DIN)
- Organ of the VDE Verband der Elektrotechnik Elektronik Informationstechnik eV, which is supported by the VDE
- the German member of the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) in Geneva
- the German member of the European Committee for Electrotechnical Standardization (CENELEC) in Brussels
- the National Standards Organization (NSO) of the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) in Sophia Antipolis, responsible for Germany
The work results of the DKE are an integral part of the German set of standards. As VDE regulations, your electrotechnical safety standards also form the VDE regulations.
The tasks of the DKE include, among other things
- the comprehensive safety of electrotechnical products and systems as well as the associated services and occupational safety
- Ensuring the system compatibility of products and systems in networked systems and applications
- bringing together the knowledge and interests of all concerned specialist groups as well as building consensus, even on controversially discussed issues
- Representing German interests in the further development of international and European standards for the dismantling of trade barriers and for the global opening of markets
The guidelines are set by the Steering Committee (LA) with representatives from business, science and public administration. The steering committee is supported by the following bodies:
- Technical Advisory Board for International and National Coordination (TBINK)
- Technical Advisory Board ETSI (TBETSI)
- Technical Advisory Board for Conformity Assessment (TBKON)
- Technology Advisory Group (BKT)
- Financial Advisory Board
The Technical Advisory Board for International and National Coordination also represents the German Committee of the IEC and CENELEC, the Technology Advisory Board analyzes fields of standardization in the field of new technologies and the Financial Advisory Board advises the steering committee on questions of financing.
- dke.de - Official website of the DKE
- Wolfgang Hofheinz elected chairman of the DKE ( memento from February 3, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) on the DKE website
- Roland Bent from 2015 Chairman ( Memento from February 6, 2015 in the Internet Archive ), accessed on January 27, 2015
- Annual report of the DKE 2012 ( Memento from December 4, 2013 in the Internet Archive ) (PDF; 2.6 MB), accessed online on March 8, 2013