Helmut Freydank studied ancient oriental studies at the Humboldt University in Berlin . He was also in 1966 on the theme of Neo-Babylonian economic texts from Uruk at the Institute of Oriental Research doctorate . In 1987 he submitted his “ Dissertation B ” contributions to Central Assyrian chronology and history to the Academy of Sciences of the GDR . After the fall of the Wall, he was taken on as a research assistant at the ancient oriental seminar at the Free University of Berlin from 1990 until his retirement in 2000 , where he was also appointed honorary professor in 1999.
Freydank has published numerous collections of sources with cuneiform texts , often from the holdings of the Vorderasiatisches Museum Berlin . He is also one of the editors of the source collection of texts from the environment of the Old Testament . Most recently he edited several volumes from the Assur project of the German Orient Society . Freydank is also co-editor of the Orientalist literary magazine .
- Late Babylonian economic texts from Uruk , Akademie-Verlag, Berlin 1971
- Cuneiform documents from Boghazköi. Issue 42, field texts, lists of objects, cultic and other texts in the Hittite language , Akademie-Verlag, Berlin 1971
- with Liane Jakob-Rost : Late Babylonian legal documents and business texts from Uruk , Akademie-Verlag, Berlin 1978 (Near Eastern writing monuments of the National Museums in Berlin; NF, H. 4 = H. 20)
- with Walter F. Reineke , Maria Schetelich , Thomas Thilo : Der Alte Orient in keywords , Koehler and Amelang, Leipzig 1978, also as:
- Cuneiform texts from the Central Assyrian period. Part: 1., Central Assyrian legal documents and administrative texts , Saarbrücken 1994 ISBN 3-7861-1746-2
- Texts from the environment of the Old Testament. New Series, Vol. 1, Texts on Legal and Economic Life , 2004 ISBN 3-579-05289-6
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German ancient orientalist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||November 2, 1935|