John J. "The Italian Horn" Leone (* 1928 ; † 2008 ) was an American saxophonist and bassoonist .
Live and act
Leone was a member of the Radio City Music Hall Rockettes in the 1950s . He participated in the early 1970s in the Blue Note sessions of Bobby Hutcherson ( Natural Illusions ) and Grant Green ( Shades Of Green ) with; he also worked with Charles Mingus ( Let My Children Hear Music ). In the field of jazz he was involved in 5 recording sessions between 1971 and 1972, also as a studio musician in the field of rhythm & blues with Ellerine Harding and Bo Diddley ( Big Bad Bo ).
- John Leone at Allmusic (English)
- John Leone at Discogs (English)
- ^ John Leone in the Find a Grave database . Retrieved January 18, 2019.
- ^ Message of death at Local 802
- ^ H. & A. Selmer Inc .: Selmer Bandwagon 1957 , Volume 5, Issue 2 - Page 9
- ↑ Tom Lord Jazz Discography
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Leone, John J.|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||American jazz musician|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1928|
|DATE OF DEATH||2008|