The Ljubljana Stock Exchange (German Ljubljana Stock Exchange ) is the stock exchange in Ljubljana , Slovenia . It was a subsidiary of the CEE Stock Exchange Group and was sold on the Zagreb Stock Exchange in July 2015 .
The first stock exchange existed in Ljubljana from 1924 to 1942. Today's stock exchange was re-established on December 26, 1989 on the basis of two capital protection laws. On the only stock exchange in Slovenia, stocks, government bonds and investment certificates are traded from 9.30 a.m. and 1 p.m. on weekdays.
Four indices are calculated;
- SBI 20 (Slovene Stock Exchange Index)
- SBI TOP (Slovene Blue Chip Index)
- PIX (Investment Funds Index)
- BIO (Bond Index)
The stock exchange has 29 employees (as of December 31, 2006). In the 2005 financial year, sales of around 3 million euros were achieved.
Takeover by the Vienna Stock Exchange
In June 2008 the Vienna Stock Exchange took over 81% of the shares in the Ljubljana Stock Exchange for EUR 20 million. In 2010 the Ljubljana Stock Exchange was integrated into the CEE Stock Exchange Group as a subsidiary.
- Ljubljanska borza (Slovenian and English)
- 2005 annual report of Ljubljanska borza
- ↑ Vienna Stock Exchange sells Laibach Stock Exchange. In: derStandard.at. July 16, 2015, accessed December 14, 2017 .