Luftfartsstyrelsen was the Swedish aviation authority . It was founded in 2005 and was based in Norrköping . At the beginning of 2009, Luftfartsstyrelsen became part of the newly established transport authority Transportstyrelsen , which is responsible for the entirety of air traffic, sea traffic, road traffic and rail traffic.
The National Aviation Office was responsible for:
- the development of regulations and procedures
- the approval of aircraft
- the approval and supervision of aviation companies ,
- the approval and supervision of air carriers
- the licensing of aviation personnel
- as well as for the cooperation with the international organizations ICAO , EASA and JAA
The Central Office had about 220 employees.
- Transportstyrelsen: About us (English), accessed on April 18, 2010