|developer||Jürgen Hermann, Thomas Waldmann|
|Publishing year||July 29, 2000|
( October 31, 2016 )
|Current preliminary version||2.0.0
(December 30, 2015)
|License||GPL ( Free Software )|
MoinMoin is free wiki software based on PikiPiki and written in the Python programming language . The first version was created in 2000 . The name MoinMoin is an allusion to the North German greeting “ Moin ” as well as the duplication and CamelCase spelling of “WikiWiki”, a synonym for the Hawaiian word “Wiki”.
Python version 2.7.x, which is available for all common operating systems, is required to install MoinMoin; Python 3.x is not yet supported.
- CamelCase links and free links
- Search function (integration of Xapian search engine)
- Discretionary Access Control (with page granularity)
- Spam filter
- Unicode capable. The standard character encoding is UTF-8 .
- Translation into many languages.
- Time zone adjustable for each user.
- Skin support
- Diff function between any revisions
- Backup of every revision of a page
- RSS - web feed for the latest changes
- Template management
- Interwiki links
- integrated help pages
- central configuration (for wiki farms ) possible
- Subscription to pages (notification via email)
- Free choice between WYSIWYG editor or simple editor
- Comment pages
- License : GNU General Public License
- no namespaces (can often be solved via Wikifarm )
- Pages can be exported in DocBook format